RPA is a perfect candidate for processes that frees a department from capturing data, updating and processing data, improving cost-efficiency and productivity. The HR department accounts for 65% of rules-based processes such as:
- Data management
- Employee onboarding/ Offboarding
- Compliance and reporting
Finance and Accounting
F&A processes are probably the best customers for RPA since they involve a huge amount of paperwork. RPA enhances cost-efficiency, productivity, and accuracy by delivering faster cycle times at approximately 60% cost reduction.
- Accounts payable & accounts receivables
- Invoice Creation
- Financial Ops and Accounting
- Budgeting and Forecasting
RPA comes in handy to deliver automation to enterprise-level computing and end-user computing, allowing the employees to reclaim up to 40% of their time, and making their workplace more human-centric.
- Security, infrastructure, and data centers
- Citrix to Excel, hardware and collaborative tools
RPA brings immense changes to the SCM industry by enhancing speed, cycle time, and reducing the scope of errors, allowing the staff to maintain a healthy relationship with the customers.
- Inventory management
- Supply and Demand Planning
- Shipment tracking
- Order-to-cash and P2P