We are Aspire – an international IT strategy consulting and software development company. Currently, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team in Krakow. Apply, if you want to work with us in the area of Cloud Operations.
Our client provides market-leading software for the second-largest financial services industry in the world: insurance. We work on applications that insurers use to create their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We deliver SaaS solutions via the clients’ Cloud that enable our customers to innovate and drive measurable ROI. We use the resilient Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure. SLAs are backed by experienced teams and SaaS-certified partners spanning application management, system administration, security and compliance, upgrades, QA testing, health checks, and other services.
Cloud Operations teams focus on deployment and upkeep of the software in the cloud for our customer. You will be working on a Kubernetes based product platform and design solutions for our customers. Keeping our customer's environments running and healthy would be your mojo.
Your tasks will include:
- Designing, developing and working with customers to set up their environments using Cloud Platform
- Using terraform and extending the capabilities of the platform where necessary
- Collaboration with Product Development to highlight deficits that could be built within the product
- Improving standardization and explaining the rationale against snowflake infrastructure
- Managing customers’ accounts
- Building monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics and learn requirements to build solutions and tools to improve availability, performance, uptime and response times of the platform
- Communicating within the team and collaborating with other teams
- Operating and developing high-available production environments in AWS
- Understanding network topologies
- Working with customers and internal teams to improve delivery speed
- Following and improving processes and guidelines to better the delivery to customers
- Absorbing new technologies and having the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Troubleshooting in the cloud and Linux based systems
Experience and skills, you need to have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equal industry technical skills
- 4+ years of work experience in a SaaS environment for large-scale enterprise
- Experience in building and managing Build/CI software such as Jenkins/Teamcity/CircleCI/Concourse/Drone
- Experience in building software using Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud-native technologies
- Strong experience in using public cloud providers, like AWS
- Strong terraform experience
- Good understanding of the network paradigms and stacks available
- Comfort with Linux system administration and bash scripting
- Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership
- Experience in operating for large-scale distributed systems in the cloud
- Passionate about quality, mentoring junior candidates and in general a great team player
- Good communication skills and ability to balance customer needs with product capabilities
There are plenty of benefits to enjoy
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - WE SUPPORT YOUR GROWTH
- Microsoft, ISTQB, OCJP and PSM Certificates for free
- Conference budget and two free days extra
- Opportunity (plus our strong support) in internal and external knowledge sharing activities
- You can write articles that we post on our blog and promote in Social Media
- Time for self-paced courses and self-development
- Access to Pluralsight, Udemy courses and a library in our office
- Buddy program for trainees
- English classes with native speakers
STAY HEALTHY AND FIT
- Access to CityFit club or Multisport Card
- Gaming room with massage chairs, bunk bed, game console and other sport equipment
- Aspire Power Club – we organize sports challenges and we take part in sports events as a team
- If you like to run, we have running training with the trainer. If you’re more into team sport – you can play basketball or football with other colleagues
- Bike lockers
- Every Monday fruit/ juice
- Mind SPA
- Private medical care (Saltus)
- Unum life insurance
APPRECIATION & REWARDS
- Kudo – way to thank for friendly help. We reward it with a gift card
- League of Geeks – our gamification platform where we award points for outstanding commitment
- Celebrating of work anniversaries ad employee awards, including a 10th-anniversary trip
COMMUNITY TO HANG OUT
- Summer Party – great opportunity to hang out together
- Christmas Party – we celebrate the successes achieved in the previous year
- Team Hangouts – we go out together for pool, paintball and board games
There is more
A contractor or a full-time employee? At Aspire Systems Poland, you can choose the option that suits you best.
An early bird? Or a night owl? It doesn't matter! With our flexible working hours.
Feel like you'd rather stay at home on this particular day? From time to time, you can work remotely.
Like travelling? You can find nice opportunities at Aspire Systems Poland.
Like international environment? You can not only develop yourself as a specialist but also improve your collaboration competencies.
Technical and soft training are being provided.